Classified Salary Schedule Initial Placement
1. Credit for experience in the same position at a school district will equate to one (1) pay step for each complete year.
2. Credit for experience in a like position will equate to one (1) pay step for each complete year, not to exceed step nine (9).
3. Credit for in-District experience in a non-like position will equate to one (1) pay step for every five (5) years of completed in-District experience.
4. Instructional paras on the Paraprofessional/ Aide Salary Schedule (Class IV and higher) will receive two (2) additional steps for an associate's degree or four (4) additional steps for a bachelor's degree. Official college transcripts listing the degree/matriculation date must be submitted at the time of hire.
5. Credit for combined education and experience in a like position will not exceed step nine (9). An exception will be made for certified teachers on the Paraprofessional/ Aide Salary Schedule, to whom full education and experience credit will be given for professional teaching experience.
Initial placement will be as follows:
|Step 0-2||Level 1|
|Step 3-5||Level 3|
|Step 6-8||Level 6|
|Step 9-14||Level 9|
|Step 15+||Level 13|
These placement guidelines are subject to Superintendent/designee discretion. Final salary placement will be based on education and experience as verified by the Human Resources Department.